Day 11: Snow Globes
- baby food jars
- paint (if you want to paint the lids)
- glitter or other plastic shavings for snow
- corn syrup or glycerin (to make so fall slowly)
- hot glue
- Prep jars by cleaning and painting lids.
- Assemble figurines on the lids and glue in place with hot glue or super glue.
- Dump about a teaspoon of glitter or plastic shavings into the jar.
- Fill halfway up with water.
- Add a few drops of corn syrup or glycerin (to make snow float more than sink)
- Fill the jar with more water, but leave space to avoid overflow.
- Apply a small line of glue along the inside of the lid and quickly close and tighten.
- Turn upside down and enjoy!
- Have kids bring in small toys from home or find cheap little items from Oriental Trading Company, Walmart, or Dollar Tree. Chances are kids will be able to bring in enough items though. Hey, if you're like me you've been collecting these "toys" from kids all year!
- Plastic items work best. Remember they're going to be submerged in water forever!
Find all the crafting ideas on my Pinterest Board.
Day 1: Glitter Ornaments
Day 2: Puzzle Piece Candy CanesDay 3: Marshmallow Snowman Ornaments
Day 4: Christmas Tree PotsDay 6: Hand Reindeer
Day 7: Candy Cane Patterns
Day 8: Reindeer Bells
Day 9: Snowman Pencil Toppers
Day 10: Sun Catcher Ornaments