Day 10: Sun Catcher Ornaments
- ornament drawing or outline
- colored tissue paper
- clear tape
- wax paper
- laminator (if desired)
- Cut out center of the ornament. I would do this for students and if you have a circle cutter (from scrapbooking) it would be very helpful to get good even cuts. Have a Silhouette or Cricut? Even better!
- Cut circles slightly bigger than the inside of the ornament out of wax paper.
- Put bits of tissue paper between 2 pieces of wax paper (waxy sides together if they feel different)
- Place a towel or cloth over the wax paper and iron the pieces together. Keep the iron moving and check to see that the 2 wax paper pieces have adhered together after about 30 seconds.
- Decorate the paper parts of the ornament.
- Carefully tape the wax paper circle to the inside of the ornament.
- If desired, you can laminate the entire ornament for durability.
- Attach a ribbon for a hanger.
Find all the crafting ideas on my Pinterest Board.
Day 1: Glitter Ornaments
Day 2: Puzzle Piece Candy CanesDay 3: Marshmallow Snowman Ornaments
Day 4: Christmas Tree Pots