Day 4: Christmas Tree Pots
|Picture from Not So Crafty Mom|
I made these a few years ago on a smaller scale, but unfornately didn't take pictures! I only used 2-3 sizes of pots starting with the smallest available size. I also didn't put a base on my tree like this picture did. My smaller tree turned out GREAT and was relatively inexpensive for the class (about $1 each).
- terracotta pots in various sizes
- green acrylic paint
- pom poms (various colors, but enough yellow for everyone to have a "star")
- liquid glue or hot glue
- Paint pots green and allow to dry before assembly.
- Put a line of glue (liquid or hot glue) along the top of each pot that will be nested inside a smaller pot.
- The bottom pot used as a stand is optional. I've never made them with stands mostly because I'm trying to cut costs for a whole class. If you choose to put on a stand you can either paint it brown or leave it the terracotta color.
- Glue pom poms on as ornaments (see the TIPS for more ideas on ornaments)
- Glue on your "star" and YOU'RE DONE!
- Other fun items for ornaments could be buttons, small foam shapes, beads, glitter, puffy paint, etc.
- Be prepared for many layers of paint. The terracotta is very absorbent!
Find all the crafting ideas on my Pinterest Board.
Day 1: Glitter Ornaments
Day 2: Puzzle Piece Candy Canes
Day 3: Marshmallow Snowman Ornaments