How do you differentiate for students? I've found that sometimes I'm great at this and other times I fall short...
- I've tried making my station materials with different levels of challenging activities on them so that can help.
- I try to allow my advanced students to work at a quicker pace than the rest of the class so they stay interested as well.
- I'm beginning to use touch math for my struggling students to help with their tactile/visual needs.
- I use my "teacher station" time not only for remediation, but also for enrichment.
- I really believe in not letting the "bright" kids skate along, but rather to keep challenging them along the way. I have kids that are chapters ahead of the class if they've proved to me that they're capable.