Number Bond Story Problems Artwork

Wednesday our day started with no electricity at school!  What a way to start a week from a 4-day weekend (for the kids, we had in-service Tuesday)!!  We called all of the parents and about half of our kids were picked up before the power finally came back on.   This completely changed my day!  I didn't want to give a test with only 8 kiddos in 1st grade, so I decided to wing it (don't you love those days??).  Another teacher across the hall pulled out some of her random sorting materials from teaching kindergarten and had her students make a picture and number bond to go with it.  The kids LOVED it!  And it really seemed to solidify number bonds for those 8 little ones.  I decided to make a few 10+ projects around the same concept for upcoming stations.  If you're interested they're available on TpT!






5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I just left you a comment on your FB wall, but your blog looks great and I'm looking forward to following you!

    -Kate @ The Wise Owl

    PS- Come check out my page if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog - I found you through the TpT forum and have just become your 10th follower - yay! Looking forward to following you! Would love it if you stopped by and said hi!

    Wendy
    Teacher's Toolkit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I love your blog and the number bonds. What a great visual for my little ones who struggle to grasp the concept of addition and subtraction. I am your newest follower.
    Amy

    Adventures In Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated! Thank you!!